- Which companies are the leading global vendors for solar and storage inverters?
- How are the backgrounds of leading inverter OEMS affecting their offerings?
- Which inverter OEMs have differentiated offerings in the market?
- What are the key differences between various inverter OEMs?
- What are leading trends in the solar and storage inverter market?
Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: Solar and Storage Inverter OEMs
Assessment of Strategy and Execution for the Inverter Manufacturer Market
The solar and storage inverter market is a diverse and competitive landscape in which vendors are offering a number of solutions for varying types of applications and customers. While several players offer solar-specific solutions, the clean energy market is trending toward not only solar but also energy storage solutions, especially colocated installations of solar plus storage. From this perspective, this Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard aims to capture the market of manufacturers that seek to provide holistic solutions through their inverter technologies.
Inverters are a key component of solar and storage systems, aiding not only in current conversion but also in maximizing efficiency and control of these assets. With the evolution of solar PV and energy storage technology capabilities, inverter technology has had to diversify into solutions that fit customer needs. Companies that lead the inverter market are often those that can adapt and be flexible with their systems to maximize energy efficiency and control. Market leaders are also able to provide solutions across customer segments from small residential uses to large utility-scale systems.
This Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard evaluates the strategy and execution of 11 inverter OEMs. Using Guidehouse Insights’ proprietary Leaderboard methodology, vendors are profiled, rated, and ranked to provide industry participants with an objective assessment of these companies’ relative strengths and weaknesses in the global solar and storage inverter market. These companies are rated on 12 criteria: vision; go-to-market strategy; partners; production strategy; technology; geographic reach; sales, marketing, and distribution; product performance; product quality and reliability; product portfolio; pricing; and staying power.
Top 10 Vendors
- Schneider Electric
- Power Electronics
- Inverter integrators
- Energy storage developers and independent power producers
- Solar PV developers and independent power producers
- Renewable energy development financing companies
- Smart grid controls and software companies
- Government and regulatory agencies
- Energy storage integrators
- Battery storage aggregators
- Investor community
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Introduction
1.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Definition
2.2 Market Drivers
2.3 Market Barriers
2.4 Market Trends
3. The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard
3.1 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Categories
3.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
4. Company Rankings
4.1.3 Schneider Electric
4.2.3 Power Electronics
5. Acronym and Abbreviation List
6. Table of Contents
7. Table of Charts and Figures
8. Scope of Study and Methodology
8.1 Scope of Study
8.2 Sources and Methodology
8.2.1 Vendor Selection
8.2.2 Ratings Scale
188.8.131.52 Score Calculations
8.2.3 Criteria Definitions
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
- Dynapower Strategy and Execution Scores
- SMA Strategy and Execution Scores
- Schneider Electric Strategy and Execution Scores
- Tesla Strategy and Execution Scores
- Siemens Strategy and Execution Scores
- Power Electronics Strategy and Execution Scores
- Sungrow Strategy and Execution Scores
- Ingeteam Strategy and Execution Scores
- KSTAR Strategy and Execution Scores
- BYD Strategy and Execution Scores
- Huawei Strategy and Execution Scores
- DC-Coupled Inverter System
- AC-Coupled System
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Overall Scores
- Vendor Scores
- Vendor Scores on Strategy Criteria
- Vendor Scores on Execution Criteria