- What are the key drivers for different VGI technologies around the world?
- How are DER technologies evolving in terms of reliability and integration into the grid?
- What are the major VGI developments in each global region to date?
- How will VGI deployments displace traditional, centralized generation around the world?
Analyst Insight: EV Charging as a Grid Resource
Global DER Deployment Insights
Globally, governments and corporate entities have become more sensitive about environmental concerns and have intensified their transitions to renewable energy. On the roads, this transition is being born out in vehicle electrification, and in the next decade, a dramatic increase in plug-in EVs (PEVs) on the streets is likely.
The new charging needs could shake up grid stability unless these new technological developments take advantage of vehicle grid integration (VGI). Through effective VGI, utilities can use data regarding charging time and rates unidirectional vehicle grid integration (V1G). Eventually however, V2G will provide a greater financial incentive for users to adjust their charging times—and assist in providing energy during peak hours. This report explores VGI’s market growth as a distributed energy resource (DER), with a look at revenue growth, capacity growth, and regional disparities.
- EV charging vendors and service providers
- Energy suppliers, utilities, and grid operators
- Energy service companies (ESCOs)
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Global DER Deployment Market Forecast
Regional Market Overview
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Additional Resources and Contact
- Annual EV Charing DER Capacity by Region, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Annual EV Charging DER Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Global DER EV Charging Capacity Deployment by Application, Regional Market Shares, World Markets: 2022 and 2031
- Market Drivers and Barriers