- What are the emerging trends in smart cities?
- What are the drivers for change in the smart city market?
- What are the key policy and design innovations?
- How does this change the demand for smart city solutions?]
- Which technologies will drive the next wave of smart city innovation?
- What are the feedback loops between these technologies and city needs?
- What are the main supplier opportunities and challenges?
Smart Cities Market Disrupters: Preparing for Technology, Business, and Regulatory Shifts
The need to engage with the opportunities and challenges presented by rapid technological change is now widely recognized by city leaders. The impact of digitalization across city services and the transition to low carbon and resilient infrastructure makes this engagement inescapable. In this sense all cities are smart cities now. But this is only the end of the beginning as far as the technological transformation of cities is concerned.
Four major waves of disruption are building that when brought into combination are expected to have a radical impact on city leadership, management, and services. Ubiquitous connectivity, AI, smart infrastructure, and automation, when implemented at scale in the urban environment will create unprecedented and unpredictable changes in the city landscape.
This Guidehouse Insights report examines the impact of these disruptive waves, and the opportunities and challenges they present for the smart city market. Recommendations are provided for technology providers, service partners, and other stakeholders.
- State and regional government
- City service providers
- Smart city solutions providers
- IoT and city platform vendors
- IT, networking, and telecommunications vendors
- Transportation and mobility providers
- Energy management hardware and software vendors
- Government agencies
- Investor community
The Changing City Technology Landscape: Global Examples
AI and Advanced Analytics
Disruptive Forces Across Smart City Ecosystem
Smart City Market Forecast
Acronyms and Contact
- Annual Smart City Revenue by Industry, World Markets: 2023-2032
- The Changing City Technology Landscape: Global Examples