- What are the key drivers for offshore wind energy around the world?
- Which countries will represent the largest markets for offshore wind energy capacity additions in the coming decade?
- What are the key drivers for offshore wind segments around the world?
- How does this capacity forecast for the offshore wind segment translate into wind plant CAPEX investments?
Offshore Wind Power Market Resiliency
The global renewable energy sector faced expected declines in the first half of 2020, as both solar and wind power capacity installations remained slow due to supply chain accessibility and difficulty moving equipment and goods during the ongoing pandemic. While countries and governments put forward localized actions, the energy sector initiated specific decisions to address the current situation.
Most renewable markets are expected to continue to face short-term disruptions, as the resiliency of the wind power sector will be tested. In 2020, the wind power sector is estimated to generate global revenue of $105.1 billion from an annual installed capacity of 62.1 GW. By 2030, the global annual wind power installation is expected to increase at a CAGR of 2.8% to reach 82.1 GW and generate revenue of $124.1 billion. Although global onshore wind is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1% by 2030, global offshore wind power installations are expected to increase at a CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period.
This report provides analysis and key recommendation for the global offshore wind market. The report provides insights, drivers and barriers, and key market inflection points on regions where offshore wind is expected to have the greatest influence in the overall energy mix. Guidehouse Insights will continue to monitor COVID-19 impacts on the wind market.
- Wind turbine manufacturers
- Electricity generation utilities
- Independent power producers
- Wind turbine component suppliers
- Wind power plant operations and maintenance companies
- Materials manufacturers for wind energy components
- Government agencies, policymakers, and researchers
- Investor community
Updates from the Past 6 Months
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Regional Market Overview
- Global Wind Energy Market: Growth Potential, World Markets
- Annual Installed Offshore Wind Energy Capacity by Region, World Markets: 2020-2030
- Annual Installed Onshore and Offshore Wind Capacity, World Markets: 2020-2030
- Global Cumulative Wind Capacity, Onshore and Offshore, World Markets: 2020 and 2030