- Which regions of the world have the largest microgrid portfolios across all market segments?
- Which microgrid segments and regions represent the largest share of new capacity?
- Which segments and regions represent the largest share of operational and under development/proposed capacity?
- What are the most common business models for microgrids?
Increasing Deployments of Utility Microgrids Across Industrialized Markets
Utility Microgrid Trend Insights
The Microgrid Deployment Tracker is a microgrid database from Guidehouse Insights. It covers seven microgrid market segments and six principal geographies. Unlike other Tracker products offered by Guidehouse Insights, this Tracker does not list unit sales of devices. Instead, it lists operating, planned, or under development microgrids as well as selected portfolios of microgrids by country, program, segment, and vendor.
This Tracker represents the largest and most comprehensive overview of the microgrid market published by any research or government organization. Its purpose is to provide the best up-to-date summary of microgrid projects available globally by highlighting key trends and dynamics across regional markets and customer segments as well as by distributed energy resources (DER) technology.
This report provides analyst insights gained from the database, which serves as the backbone for Guidehouse Insights microgrid implementation development revenue model. This report highlights key takeaways, market drivers and barriers, market forecasts, and key recommendations for stakeholders, covering the full spectrum of microgrid-enabling technologies (distributed generation, energy storage, smart inverters, software controls, etc.).
- Microgrid systems integrators and developers
- Transmission systems operators
- Solar PV companies
- Energy storage vendors
- Smart grid software vendors
- Investor community
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Inflection Trends
5. Market Drivers and Barriers
6. Market Forecast
7. Regional Market Overview
8. Key Recommendations
9. Acronyms and Resources
- Utility Microgrids: Industry Growth Potential, World Markets
- Utility Microgrid Drivers and Barriers
- Total Microgrid Power Capacity Market Share by Business Model, World Markets: 1Q 2020
- Total Microgrid Project Market Share by Business Model, World Markets: 1Q 2020
- Comparing Microgrids Installed vs. Planned Capacity (MW) in Regional Markets Across Microgrid Segments, World Markets: 2Q20