- Which smart city platform suppliers are best positioned to become global market leaders?
- What are the key differentiators among platform providers?
- How do the leading companies in this market compare on the key metrics?
- How are suppliers positioning themselves as platform providers?
- How are supplier strategies developing to meet the emerging needs of cities?
Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: Smart City Platform Suppliers
Assessment of Strategy and Execution for 12 Smart City Platform Suppliers
Increasing interest in smart city platforms is a logical outcome of the continued evolution of smart city programs. As the number of smart city programs grows and existing projects evolve, the focus is intensifying on more integrated, platform-based approaches. Suppliers are meeting this requirement through the evolution of their underlying technology platforms, the development of integrated operations centers, the provision of advanced analytics and visualization tools, and the creation of extensions to their partner ecosystems.
As cities map out their recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, their platform strategies will evolve to support the new priorities for health, safety, and economic revival. They also need support for their ambitions for a just, equitable, and sustainable recovery. Above all, flexibility and adaptability will be key in this time of great uncertainty. The ultimate value of a smart city platform for city leaders is the ability to extend and transform the services provided to all city stakeholders.
This Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard examines the strategy and execution of 12 leading smart city platform suppliers with the capacity to support a broad portfolio of smart city solutions using common platform technologies and spanning multiple operational and service areas. These smart city suppliers are rated on 10 criteria: vision; go-to-market strategy; partner ecosystem; product strategy; geographic reach; market presence; sales and marketing; product features; product integration; and staying power. Using the Guidehouse Insights proprietary Leaderboard methodology, vendors are profiled, rated, and ranked with the goal of providing industry participants with an objective assessment of these companies’ relative strengths and weaknesses in the global smart city platform market.
Top 10 Vendors
5. Amazon Web Services
- IoT and city platform vendors
- IT, networking, and telecommunications vendors
- Transportation and mobility providers
- Energy management hardware and software vendors
- Government agencies
- Investor community
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Introduction
1.2 Evaluation Overview
1.3 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Definition
2.2 Market Drivers
2.3 Market Barriers
2.4 Market Trends
2.4.1 Managing Cities in the COVID-19 Era
3. The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard
3.1 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Categories
3.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
4. Company Rankings
4.2.2 Amazon Web Services
4.3.2 Hitachi Vantara
5. Acronym and Abbreviation List
6. Table of Contents
7. Table of Charts and Figures
8. Scope of Study and Methodology
8.1 Scope of Study
8.2 Sources and Methodology
8.2.1 Vendor Selection
8.2.2 Ratings Scale
126.96.36.199 Score Calculations
8.2.3 Criteria Definitions
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
- Microsoft Strategy and Execution Scores
- Cisco Strategy and Execution Scores
- Huawei Strategy and Execution Scores
- Itron Strategy and Execution Scores
- Amazon Web Services Strategy and Execution Scores
- SAP Strategy and Execution Scores
- Siemens Strategy and Execution Scores
- Oracle Strategy and Execution Scores
- NEC Strategy and Execution Scores
- Nokia Strategy and Execution Scores
- ENGIE Strategy and Execution Scores
- Hitachi Vantara Strategy and Execution Scores
- The Smart City Platform
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Overall Scores
- Vendor Scores
- Vendor Scores on Strategy Criteria
- Vendor Scores on Execution Criteria