- What are the current participators in the market of pre-transaction PPA online platforms?
- What are the business models in the market of pre-transaction PPA online platforms?
- Which vendors are established in the market of pre-transaction PPA online platforms?
- What regions has each vendor established their business in?
- Who are the investors for current vendors in the market of pre-transaction PPA online platforms?
Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: Power Purchase Agreement Marketplace Solution Providers
Assessment of Strategy and Execution for 10 PPA Online Platforms Providing Solutions, Advisory Services, and Marketplaces
The world has pledged to reach net-zero CO2 emissions by the mid-21st century, which has increased pressure on full decarbonization in the energy sector. The challenge is to meet the vast electricity demand coming not only from current business-as-usual scenarios but also from the increasing need for electrification. High upfront costs, increasing costs of raw materials, and unsure returns hinder the switch to renewable energy generators, and thus the renewable energy transition. Power purchase agreements (PPAs) are a way to mitigate those risks. Introduced first in the US, they are rapidly expanding to other regional markets.
With a PPA, renewable energy generators can secure funding; investors have a new source of profit in the energy market; and consumers get a renewable energy supply that can help fulfill their decarbonization commitments. PPA online platforms with key market information such as price, demand, supply, and educational information are essential for stimulating growth in PPA markets and to maintain them at a profitable scale. Digital platforms that incorporate knowledge and expertise from traditional PPA solutions, combined with advisory services, will facilitate and accelerate PPA transactions as well as renewable energy capacity growth.
This Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard report has identified 10 PPA online platforms that provide pre-PPA transaction services. They cover a wide range of specialties covering physical and financial corporate PPAs, utility PPAs, and retail PPAs, with long-term and short-term options. The Leaderboard assesses these online platforms using a range of criteria on Strategy and Execution.
Top 10 Vendors
- Schneider Electric
- Enel X
- LevelTen Energy
- Renewable Exchange
- Renewable Energy hub
- Large corporations
- Energy developers
- Smart energy software vendors
- Government agencies
- Investor community
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Introduction
1.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Definition
2.2 Market Drivers
2.3 Market Barriers
2.4 Market Trends
3. The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard
3.1 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Categories
3.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
4. Company Rankings
4.1.1 Schneider Electric
22.214.171.124 NEO Network
4.1.2 Enel X
4.1.3 LevelTen Energy
4.2.2 Renewable Exchange
4.3.1 Renewable Energy Hub
5. Acronym and Abbreviation List
6. Table of Contents
7. Table of Charts and Figures
8. Scope of Study and Methodology
8.1 Scope of Study
8.2 Sources and Methodology
8.2.1 Vendor Selection
8.2.2 Ratings Scale
126.96.36.199 Score Calculations
8.2.3 Criteria Definitions
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
- Schneider Electric Strategy and Execution Scores
- Enel X Strategy and Execution Scores
- LevelTen Energy Strategy and Execution Scores
- Pexapark Strategy and Execution Scores
- BRC-A Strategy and Execution Scores
- Renewable Exchange Strategy and Execution Scores
- WePower Strategy and Execution Scores
- Renewable Energy Hub Strategy and Execution Scores
- emhTrade Strategy and Execution Scores
- NeuerEnergy Strategy and Execution Scores
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Overall Scores
- Vendor Scores
- Vendor Scores on Strategy Criteria
- Vendor Scores on Execution Criteria