- Which light EV battery swapping suppliers are global market leaders and why?
- How do suppliers in this market compare on key strategy and execution metrics?
- What do suppliers in this market need to do to score higher in future Leaderboard reports?
- What are the most innovative and comprehensive light EV battery swapping solutions being offered on the market?
- What are the key metrics used to evaluate market performance in the global light EV battery swapping market?
- What are the key market drivers, barriers, and trends in the light EV battery swapping market?
- How much revenue is expected to be generated by light EV battery swapping equipment sales during the next 10 years?
Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: Light EV Battery Swapping Suppliers
Assessment of Strategy and Execution for 14 Light EV Battery Swapping Suppliers
Battery swapping is emerging as a potential breakthrough technology for personal light EV sales. The technology is driven by many advantages compared with conventional refueling and charging technologies. Most importantly, battery swapping can reduce upfront light EV costs and address the major drawback of recharging speeds being much slower than internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle refueling. The technology has also proved to be important for shared light EV services because it can reduce the environmental impact and operational costs associated with traditional charging strategies. Although battery swapping can be used in a variety of transportation applications, this report is focused on light EVs, which includes e bikes, seated e-scooters, e-motorcycles, and e rickshaws.
The first phase of battery swapping for light EVs was defined by vendors manufacturing vehicles for their proprietary battery swapping network, within their domestic home market. Whether it was Gogoro in Taiwan, Immotor in China, or VinFast in Vietnam, it has been the prevailing model. The JV between Hero and Gogoro in India, along with the three-way partnership between DCJ, Yadea, and Gogoro in China, marks a new era, or second phase, whereby battery swapping has become a legitimate technology platform solution that is being exported to OEMs in foreign markets. A plethora of countries in Southeast Asia and Europe with strong two-wheeler cultures, high urban density rates, supportive policy frameworks for EVs, and a strong desire to reduce urban air pollution will likely be next in line.
This Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard examines the strategy and execution of 14 leading light EV battery swapping suppliers. These vendors are rated on 10 criteria: vision; go-to-market strategy; partners; production strategy; geographic reach; market presence; product quality and reliability; product portfolio; pricing; and staying power. Using Guidehouse Insight’s proprietary Leaderboard methodology, vendors are profiled, rated, and ranked with the goal of providing industry participants with an objective assessment of these companies’ relative strengths and weaknesses in the growing global light EV battery swapping market.
Top 10 Vendors
- SUN Mobility
- KYMCO (iONEX)
- Battery swapping equipment suppliers
- Battery swapping service operators
- Micromobility suppliers
- EV charging companies
- Electric motor and battery manufacturers
- Automotive and two-wheel OEMs
- Government agencies and municipal planners
- Investor community
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Introduction
1.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Definition
2.2 Market Drivers
2.3 Market Barriers
2.4 Market Trends
2.5 Market Size
3. The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard
3.1 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Categories
3.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
4. Company Rankings
4.2.4 SUN Mobility
4.2.6 KYMCO (iONEX)
4.3.4 Bounce (Zuink)
4.3.6 Lithion Power
4.3.7 Revolt Motors
5. Acronym and Abbreviation List
6 Table of Contents
7. Table of Charts and Figures
8. Scope of Study and Methodology
8.1 Scope of Study
8.2 Sources and Methodology
8.2.1 Vendor Selection
8.2.2 Ratings Scale
184.108.40.206 Score Calculations
8.2.3 Criteria Definitions
- Annual Revenue from Light EV Battery Swapping Equipment Sales by Region, World Markets: 2021-2030
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
- Gogoro Strategy and Execution Scores
- Immotor Strategy and Execution Scores
- Hello Strategy and Execution Scores
- VinFast Strategy and Execution Scores
- SUN Mobility Strategy and Execution Scores
- Honda Strategy and Execution Scores
- KYMCO (iONEX) Strategy and Execution Scores
- Swobbee Strategy and Execution Scores
- Oyika Strategy and Execution Scores
- ZEWAY Strategy and Execution Scores
- Bounce (Zuink) Strategy and Execution Scores
- VoltUp Strategy and Execution Scores
- Lithion Power Strategy and Execution Scores
- Revolt Motors Strategy and Execution Scores
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Overall Scores