- Who are the market Leaders among EaaS providers and why?
- What differentiates EaaS market Leaders?
- Which companies feature the most comprehensive EaaS offerings?
- Which companies are positioned for growth in the market?
- How are market trends impacting the competitive landscape?
Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: Energy as a Service
Assessment of Strategy and Execution for 17 EaaS Vendors
Customers are attracted to energy as a service (EaaS) because it allows them to address sustainability, resiliency, and deferred maintenance while upgrading facilities with OPEX-only payments and immediate ROI. Outsourcing all or parts of energy management to a provider skilled in long-term performance contracts and risk transfer is increasingly compelling because of the rising complexity of available distributed energy technologies and the challenge of meeting long-term greenhouse gas emission reduction targets. Commercial, industrial, and public sector customers are starting to adopt and explore EaaS solutions at scale.
In the past year, players in the market have made significant strides in developing and executing EaaS solutions, expanding into new customer verticals, and forming new partnerships. The market is still nascent and is characterized by low adoption rates and high differentiation between players. Pure play EaaS financing and platform companies, ESCOs, utilities, and other players all participate in the market, serving different customer segments with a variety of technology solutions. Few vendors have been directly competing so far, with many companies in the Leaderboard partnering for different aspects of project delivery.
This Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard report assesses the competitive landscape for EaaS solutions and how well different companies are positioned to address current customer needs. It is intended to help market participants better understand their competitors’ solution offerings, differentiation, and track record in executing EaaS projects. The report includes profiles on 17 EaaS companies and ranks them according to Strategy and Execution scores. In this market, the relative position of different vendors is likely to shift as Contenders refine their solution offerings and take on the Leaders.
Top 10 Vendors
- Schneider Electric
- Enel X
- EaaS companies
- Original equipment manufacturers
- Investor community
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Introduction
1.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Definition
2.2 Market Drivers
2.3 Market Barriers
2.4 Market Forecast
3. The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard
3.1 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Categories
3.2 The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
4. Company Rankings
4.1.2 Schneider Electric
4.1.3 Enel X
4.2.8 Johnson Controls
4.3.4 Trane Technologies
5. Acronym and Abbreviation List
6. Table of Contents
7. Table of Charts and Figures
8. Scope of Study and Methodology
8.1 Scope of Study
8.2 Sources and Methodology
8.2.1 Vendor Selection
8.2.2 Ratings Scale
18.104.22.168 Score Calculations
8.2.3 Criteria Definitions
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid
- EaaS Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2021-2030
- Ameresco Strategy and Execution Scores
- Schneider Electric Strategy and Execution Scores
- Enel X Strategy and Execution Scores (example chart)
- Engie Strategy and Execution Scores (example chart)
- Redaptive Strategy and Execution Scores
- Sparkfund Strategy and Execution Scores
- Metrus Strategy and Execution Scores
- Alturus Strategy and Execution Scores
- Siemens Strategy and Execution Scores
- Centrica Strategy and Execution Scores
- Budderfly Strategy and Execution Scores
- Johnson Controls Strategy and Execution Scores
- Bernhard Strategy and Execution Scores
- McKinstry Strategy and Execution Scores
- Gridium Strategy and Execution Scores
- Allumia Strategy and Execution Scores
- Trane Technologies Strategy and Execution Scores
- EaaS Financing Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2021-2030
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Overall Scores
- Vendor Scores
- Vendor Scores on Strategy Criteria
- Vendor Scores on Execution Criteria