- How are biofuels produced and used?
- What are the leading countries and regions for biofuels?
- How else can biofuels be used in the future?
- How and where are EVs made?
- What are the key components of the EV supply chain?
- What are the key drivers for the EV market?
- What challenges do biofuels and EVs face?
EVs Are Offering Stiff Competition to the Biofuels Market
Biofuels have been helping to decarbonize the transportation sector for decades. More recently, however, electrification has drawn increased attention and interest as evidenced by a spike in EV sales. Decarbonization in the transportation industry stands at a crossroads while many factors are driving faster and deeper adoption of EVs, including government incentives, lower prices, and improved performance. At the same time, biofuels continue to evolve to include new drop-in products that will target applications beyond road transport to also include transoceanic shipping and aviation.
This Guidehouse Insights report reviews how these market trends are forcing automakers, biofuels producers, and other industry stakeholders to readdress their approaches to decarbonizing transportation. It also provides detailed and actionable recommendations for industry participants to address this new phenomenon.
- Policymakers and regulators
- Refiners and biofuel producers
- Auto manufacturers
- Technology developers
- Battery makers
- Non-governmental organizations
- Investor community
As EV Sales Accelerate, Biofuels Growth Is Coasting
Driven by Government Policies, EVs Have Hit the Pavement Hard
Biofuels Have Had Steady Road Traction but Could Chart a New Course
EVs Look to Overtake Liquid Fuels for Short-Distance Travel
New EV Sales Show No Signs of Slowing, with China Still in Pole Position
Changes to Biofuels Policies Could Present Roadblocks to Growth
New Products and Applications Will Steer the Growth of Biofuels Demand
EVs and Biofuels Should Move into Their Own Lanes
Policymakers Must Offer Clear Net-Zero Signposts and Incentives
Biofuel Producers Must Create a Roadmap for Future Opportunities
Battery Makers Are Key to Driving Down EV Prices
Automakers Should Look Down the Road to New Opportunities
- Annual New EV Sales, World Markets: 2016-2023
- Biofuels Consumption by Fuel Type, World Markets: 2013-2022
- Battery EV Market Share of All LDV Sales by Region, World Markets: 2020-2035
- Biofuel Production Capacity by Region, World Markets: 2023-2032