- Which energy storage systems integrators have the largest market share?
- Which energy storage technology vendors have the largest market share for deployed projects and for pipeline projects?
- How many energy storage projects are currently underway worldwide?
- Which regions are leading in terms of deployed market capacity and number of projects in the energy storage sector?
- What is the technology choice within each region?
- How many new energy storage projects have come online so far in 2019?
Energy Storage Tracker 4Q19
Market Share Data, Industry Trends, Market Analysis, and Project Tracking by World Region, Technology, Application, and Market Segment
The year 2019 has been transformational for the energy storage market, marked by several milestones that reveal the powerful forces emerging and exerting their influence across the electricity landscape. Regulatory policy, government incentives, deployment mandates, grid modernization programs, and declining technology costs have created market conditions in which hundreds of energy storage projects were deployed around the world between 2018 and 2019.
In this growing energy storage market, Lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries have maintained a prominent place in the transformation of the power grid. Although pumped hydro storage (PHS) still accounts for 96% of installed energy storage capacity worldwide, Li-ion is the fastest growing, estimated to reach more than 28 GW by 2028. In addition to the growth of Li-ion, three types of storage projects typified deployments across the globe in 4Q 2019: commercial and industrial applications located behind-the-meter (BTM), utility-scale battery storage projects that replace gas peaker plants, and utility-scale storage projects colocated at large solar PV or wind generation facilities.This Guidehouse Insights report provides a comprehensive resource of global energy storage projects. The Tracker includes a database of 2,169 projects (encompassing at least 64,664 individual systems) and tracks the country, region, market segment, capacity, status, technology vendor, systems integrator, applications, funding, investment, and key milestones of each project. In addition, the report includes an analysis of the technology choice within each major region for energy storage, analysis of the leading regions for energy storage capacity and projects, and market share analysis for technology vendors for deployed projects and projects in the pipeline.
- Energy storage technology vendors
- Smart grid controls and software companies
- Energy engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) firms
- Inverter companies
- Solar finance companies
- Investor community
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Issues
2.1 Market Activity Through 4Q 2019
2.2 Global Deployments by Region and Technology
2.3 Global Pipeline by Region and Technology
3. Competitor Market Share
3.1 Introduction: Company Market Share
3.2 Deployed Market Share by Technology Vendor
3.3 Pipeline Market Share by Core Technology Vendor
3.4 Deployed Market Share by Systems Integrator
3.5 Deployed Li-Ion Technology Vendors
3.6 Conclusions and Recommendations
4. Acronym and Abbreviation List
5. Table of Contents
6. Table of Charts and Figures
7. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
- Deployed Energy Storage Power Capacity by Technology and Region, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Pipeline Energy Storage Power Capacity by Technology and Region, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Deployed Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Core Technology Vendors, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Pipeline Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Core Technology Vendors, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Deployed Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Systems Integrators and Developers, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Pipeline Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Systems Integrators and Developers, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Deployed Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Li-Ion Battery Providers, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Energy Storage Installations, All Segments, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Energy Storage Installations, 2019 Market Activity, World Markets: 4Q 2019
- Energy Storage Installations, New Since Last Report, World Markets: 4Q 2019