- Which energy storage systems integrators have the largest market share?
- Which energy storage technology vendors have the largest market share for deployed projects and for pipeline projects?
- How many energy storage projects are currently underway worldwide?
- Which regions are leading in terms of deployed market capacity and number of projects in the energy storage sector?
- What is the technology choice within each region?
- How many new energy storage projects have come online so far in 2019?
Energy Storage Tracker 2Q19
Market Share Data, Industry Trends, Market Analysis, and Project Tracking by World Region, Technology, Application, and Market Segment
As global electricity grids embrace the new energy economy, energy storage is becoming a necessity in grid infrastructure. Energy storage grants stakeholders flexibility in generation, transmission, distribution, and end use. The landscape has grown increasingly sophisticated, marked by new types of projects being monetized by innovative business models. Several new companies have entered the market across the energy storage value chain while legacy companies have sought to bolster their presence. The growing need to modernize global electricity grids and the evolution of business cases for deploying storage ensure continued market growth.
Several key factors continue to increase the global need for energy storage deployments. The restructuring of electricity markets will enable valuation of the flexible benefits of energy storage deployments. Variable generation sources such as solar PV and wind that are connected to power grids will require increased load balancing against demand. Areas with unstable grids and frequent outages will benefit from distributed energy storage systems (DESSs) and microgrids with storage. Load profiles will play a critical role in the structure and operation of the power grid, which will influence the development of energy storage markets.
This Guidehouse Insights report provides a comprehensive resource of global energy storage projects. The Tracker includes a database of 2,092 projects and tracks the country, region, market segment, capacity, status, technology vendor, systems integrator, applications, funding, investment, and key milestones of each project. It also includes an analysis of the technology choice within each major region for energy storage, analysis of the leading regions for energy storage capacity and projects, and market share analysis for technology vendors for deployed and future projects.
- Energy storage technology vendors
- Smart grid controls and software companies
- Energy engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) firms
- Inverter companies
- Solar financing companies
- Investor community
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Issues
2.1 Market Activity Through 2Q 2019
2.2 Global Deployments by Region and Technology
2.3 Global Pipeline by Region and Technology
3. Competitor Market Share
3.1 Introduction: Company Market Share
3.2 Deployed Market Share by Technology Vendor
3.3 Pipeline Market Share by Core Technology Vendor
3.4 Deployed Market Share by Systems Integrator
3.5 Deployed Li-Ion Technology Vendors
4.1 Conclusions and Recommendations
5. Acronym and Abbreviation List
6. Table of Contents
7. Table of Charts and Figures
8. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
- Deployed Energy Storage Power
Capacity by Technology and Region, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 2Q
- Pipeline Energy Storage Power Capacity by Technology and Region, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Deployed Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Core Technology Vendors, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Pipeline Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Core Technology Vendors, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Deployed Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Systems Integrators/Developers, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Pipeline Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Systems Integrators/Developers, Excluding Pumped Storage, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Deployed Capacity Market Share by Top 10 Li-Ion Battery Providers, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Energy Storage Installations, All Segments, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Energy Storage Installations, 2019 Market Activity, World Markets: 2Q 2019
- Energy Storage Installations, New Since Last Report, World Markets: 2Q 2019