- Which countries will represent the largest markets for distributed energy resources (DER) in the coming decade?
- What mix of DER technologies is expected in different countries and regions worldwide?
- What are the key drivers for different DER technologies around the world?
- How are DER technologies evolving in terms of cost and integration into the grid?
- What are the major DER developments in each global region to date?
- How will DER deployments displace traditional, centralized generation around the world?
Emerging Economies Offer Growing Opportunities for DER Deployments
Global DER Deployment Insights
Energy transition and the evolution of a dynamic energy ecosystem can be realized only through the implementation of distributed energy resources (DER). Energy companies and utilities need data-driven context to deal with revenue erosion due to energy efficiency, demand side optimization, and generation and flexibility technologies such as solar PV, wind, and battery storage.
According to Guidehouse Insights estimates, new global DER capacity deployments—including distributed generation, distributed energy storage, plug-in EV charging load, demand response, and energy efficiency—are outpacing the deployment of new centralized generation capacity. This shift away from centralized generation requires innovative technologies and solutions on the part of grid operators, including advanced software and hardware that enable greater control and interoperability across heterogeneous grid elements that are key components of the Energy Cloud.
This Guidehouse Insights report covers DER technologies grouped in four parts of the value chain that generate, manage, and consume electricity. The study provides technology capacity and revenue forecasts for 14 leading DER technology markets globally. This report identifies actionable analyst insights for DER stakeholders, supported by data and contextual analysis, that can help influence their decisions in the DER market.
- Solar developers, installers, and operators
- Genset and microturbine vendors
- Fuel cell vendors
- Microgrid vendors
- EV charging vendors and service providers
- Energy suppliers, utilities, and grid operators
- Energy service companies (ESCOs)
- Investor community
- Executive Summary
- Market Inflection Trends
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Market Forecasts
- Regional Market Overview
- Key Recommendations
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- DER Deployment: Industry Growth Potential, World Markets
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Annual Installed Total DER Power Capacity by Technology, World Markets: 2020-2030
- Annual Total DER Deployment Revenue by Technology, World Markets: 2020-2030
- Global DER Annual Capacity Deployment by Application, Regional Market Shares, North America: 2020 and 2030
- Global DER Annual Capacity Deployment by Application, Regional Market Shares, Europe: 2020 and 2030
- Global DER Annual Capacity Deployment by Application, Regional Market Shares, Asia Pacific: 2020 and 2030
- Global DER Annual Capacity Deployment by Application, Regional Market Shares, Latin America: 2020 and 2030
- Global DER Annual Capacity Deployment by Application, Regional Market Shares, Middle East & Africa: 2020 and 2030