- Where are the key opportunities in the smart cities market?
- What are the key market and technology issues influencing the development of smart cities?
- How are city priorities changing?
- What are the focus areas for city technology investment?
- How is the smart city ecosystem evolving?
- What are the key differences in regional trends?
Ecosystem Strategy for Smart Cities: Orchestrating the Competitive Landscape
The smart city market is characterized by complex customer relationships and equally complex competitive and collaborative relationships between suppliers. The coronavirus pandemic has not changed any of these factors, but it has driven changes in priorities, introduced new uncertainties, and created an environment in which action is seen as urgent on a range of critical urban issues. Many players have been reevaluating their strategy in the light of the coronavirus pandemic and as they assess the relative development of different parts of the smart city space.
Despite local government budget cuts, there are positive market signs in terms of national government stimulus funding, finance innovation from technology suppliers working with the investment sector, and the pragmatic funding strategies of city leaders. To meet new requirements and deliver better-targeted services, cities are looking at the adaptability and resilience of their digital infrastructure at all levels. Smart city technology and service providers need to balance a pragmatic short-term focus on immediate city priorities and a longer-term strategic approach to building relationships to support ambitious city recovery plans based on decarbonization and greater social justice.
This report examines the opportunities and challenges of the smart city market and evolving ecosystem strategies. Recommendations are provided for technology providers, service partners, and other stakeholders.
- State and regional governments
- City service providers
- Smart city solutions providers
- IoT and city platform vendors
- IT, networking, and telecommunications vendors
- Transportation and mobility providers
- Energy management hardware and software vendors
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Evolving Smart City Strategies
Supporting New City Priorities
Focus Areas for Smart City Investment
Smart City Regional Market Forecast
Smart City Industry Market Forecast
Supplier Ecosystem Perspective
Market Accelerators and Inhibitors
Conclusion and Key Recommendations
- Annual Smart City Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2021-2030
- Annual Smart City Revenue by Industry, World Markets: 2021-2030
- Market Accelerators and Inhibitors