- Which regions of the world claim the largest microgrid portfolios across all market segments?
- Which microgrid segments and regions represent the largest share of new capacity?
- Which segments and regions represent the largest share of operational and under development/proposed capacity?
- What are the most common business models for microgrids?
- Which are the top 10 US states in terms of microgrid power capacity and number of projects?
Determining the Top 10 Countries for Microgrid Projects and Total Installed Capacity
Global Microgrid Deployment Insights
The Microgrid Deployment Tracker 1Q20 is the seventeenth edition of the microgrid database from Guidehouse Insights. It covers seven microgrid market segments and six principal geographies. Unlike other Tracker products offered Guidehouse Insights, this Microgrid Deployment Tracker does not list unit sales of devices. Instead, it lists operating, planned or under development, and proposed microgrids as well as selected portfolios of microgrids by country, program, and vendor.
This Tracker represents the largest and most comprehensive overview of the microgrid market published by any research or government organization. Its purpose is to provide the best up-to-date summary of microgrid projects available globally, doing so by highlighting key trends and dynamics across regional markets and customer segments as well as by generation technology. There may be discrepancies between total figures found in the Tracker and figures that appear on the dashboard due to how the data is captured.
The database serves as the backbone for Guidehouse Insights’ microgrid implementation development revenue model, which is linked to the included project data. The model is also foundational to the latest Guidehouse Insights reports, covering the full spectrum of microgrid-enabling technologies (distributed generation, energy storage, smart inverters, software controls, etc.). The Tracker is updated on a continual basis, with the next update scheduled for publication in 3Q 2020. This report identifies actionable analyst insights for microgrid market stakeholders, supported by data and contextual analysis, that can help influence their decisions in the microgrid market.
- Microgrid systems integrators and developers
- Transmission systems operators
- Solar PV companies
- Energy storage vendors
- Smart grid software vendors
- Investor community
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Inflection Trends
5. Market Drivers and Barriers
6. Market Forecast
7. Regional Market Overview
8. Key Recommendations
9. Acronyms and Resources
- Microgrid Deployment: Industry Growth Potential, World Markets
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Annual Installed Microgrid Capacity, Top 10 Countries: 1Q 2020
- Annual Number of Microgrid Projects, Top 10 Countries: 1Q 2020
- Cumulative Microgrid Capacity by Region and Market Segment, North America: 1Q 2020
- Cumulative Microgrid Capacity by Region and Market Segment, Europe: 1Q 2020
- Cumulative Microgrid Capacity by Region and Market Segment, Asia Pacific: 1Q 2020
- Cumulative Microgrid Capacity by Region and Market Segment, Latin America: 1Q 2020
- Cumulative Microgrid Capacity by Region and Market Segment, Middle East & Africa: 1Q 2020