- What is the top 15 ranking of wind turbine vendors globally for annual installed capacity in 2019 and the cumulative installations of these vendors?
- What was the geographic market distribution of wind turbine capacity installed in 2019 by country for the top 15 wind turbine vendors?
- What was the percentage change in global wind turbine market share in 2019 from 2018 installed capacity?
- How do the top 15 wind turbine vendors rank in terms of both total installations and market diversification?
- Which wind turbine vendors are the top suppliers in 2019 to the leading 10 wind power markets?
- Given that the Chinese and non-Chinese markets are almost two distinctly different markets, what is the total vendor ranking by megawatt of all non-Chinese vendors and what are the all the vendors by capacity that contributed to China’s wind market in 2019?
Analyst Insight: Wind Turbine OEM Ranking and Market Share Analysis
Global Wind Energy Insights
The global wind industry installed 60.7 GW in 2019, up substantially from the 51.4 GW installed in 2018 despite the challenges that the wind market that has faced in recent years. These challenges include many mature country markets eliminating or reducing subsidies and many markets shifting to competitive power contract auctions, tenders, and other wind procurement mechanisms that squeeze profit margins throughout the supply chain. Meanwhile, solar PV is an increasingly capable competitor in the clean energy arena due to its rapid cost reductions.
Despite these challenges, the wind market is holding steady and adjusting to a new normal of intense price competition. Some markets, such as the US and China, are experiencing rapid near-term increases of capacity additions as generous policies change or phase out. Wind power is being developed not only in a greater variety of countries but also in offshore and onshore capacities.
This report covers changes in top rankings and market share of wind turbine OEMs and country-level geographic installations by OEMs globally. This data shows which manufacturers are most active in which markets with detailed market distribution data and market share charts. This report ranks the top three to five wind turbine OEMs in each of the top 10 country markets as of 2020; furthermore, it includes the leading suppliers globally in different wind turbine size classes. This report also addresses average wind turbine size in top country markets and average wind turbine rotor diameters by turbine OEMs and by top country markets. In addition, this report provides data on the top selling wind turbines in 2020 by the Western wind turbine OEMs.
- Wind turbine manufacturers
- Electricity generation utilities
- Independent power producers
- Wind turbine component suppliers
- Wind power plant operations and maintenance companies
- Materials manufacturers for wind energy components
- Government agencies, policymakers, and researchers
- Investor community
Market Drivers and Barriers
Top 10 Turbine OEMs
Leading Wind Turbine Suppliers by Region: 2019
Regional OEM Market Shares
Turbine Technology Trends
Annual Wind Capacity Additions by Region
Acronyms and Resources
- Market Share of Top 10 Turbine OEMs By Installed Capacity, World Markets: 2019
- Market Share of Top 10 Turbine OEMs by Installed Capacity Excluding Chinese OEMs, World Markets: 2019
- Leading Wind Turbine Suppliers by Region: 2019
- Wind Turbine OEM Market Share, Total Installed Capacity of Regional Markets as of 2019
- Top 10 Turbine Models by Total Installed Capacity, World Markets: 2017-2019
- Rotor Diameter of Installed Turbines, World Markets: 2017-2019
- Nameplate Rating of Installed Turbines, World Markets: 2017-2019
- Global Wind Capacity Additions by Year, Onshore and Offshore, World Markets: 2017-2019