- What are the latest smart mobility trends?
- How are cities across the world responding to urban transport challenges with smart mobility applications?
- What are the key market drivers and barriers to smart mobility uptake in cities?
- What are some the key developments in smart city micromobility deployment?
- What are some of the key developments in smart city electric vehicle support programmes?
- What are some of the key developments in autonomous/automated vehicles for smart cities?
- How can smart mobility vendors and smart city policy planners enhance smart mobility uptake?
Analyst Insight: Transformations in Urban Mobility
Smart City Tracker Insights
Mobility and transportation are the heartbeat of any city. EV support, autonomous vehicles (AVs), connected V2X, intelligent transportation systems, smart parking and traffic management systems, public transport innovations, micromobility services, and mobility as a service options (MaaS), are playing a role in the transformation of urban mobility. Together with changes in urban policy and design, smart city applications for urban transportation constitute an exciting growth space for industry stakeholders, and can advance positive change across domains such as: health, environmental sustainability, and city-wide economic growth.
Of the 941 smart city projects now tracked by Guidehouse Insights, 252 tracked projects, that is 27% of the overall total, are transport-focussed.
Drawing from the latest Smart City tracker database and supported by analysis from the Guidehouse Insights Micromobility and e-Mobility research services, this Guidehouse Insights report summarizes recent transformations in mobility. Within the context of the Smart City, the report examinesmarket trends across micromobility, EV support infrastructure, and AVs. A regional market overview for smart city applications, together with key recommendations and conclusions from the sector, follow.
- Micromobility Vendors
- Urban Transport Planners
- Autonomous Vehicle Vendors
- E-Scooter Vendors
- Electric Vehicle (EV) and EV Charging Infrastructure Vendors
Overview: Trends in Smart City Projects
Micromobility in the Smart City
Electric Vehicles in the Smart City
Autonomous Vehicles in the Smart City
Market Inflection Trends and Investment Overview
Market Drivers and Barriers
Acronyms, Resources, and Contact
- Cumulative Tracked Smart City Projects by Region, World Markets: 2012-2022
- 3Q21 and 1Q22 Comparison by Project Focus