- What are the key smart transportation development trends across global regions?
- How are smart transportation projects funded?
- What has the growth of smart transportation projects looked like over the past decade?
- What are the largest markets for smart transportation projects?
- How are micromobility projects developing across world regions?
- What is the expected impact of COVID-19 on smart transportation development?
Analyst Insight: Traffic, Parking, and Transportation Trends in the Smart City
Smart City Tracker Insights
The course of the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically shifted mobility trends in cities. As vehicle miles traveled plunged as far as 90% in some cities during lockdowns, cycling and walking surged in popularity as modes of transport. Many cities looked to alter their street allocation to allow for greater micromobility and pedestrian use.
This trend follows on at least a decade of urban planners taking a more holistic view of their street space, with multi-use zone curbside management being the best examples. With the world emerging from COVID-19-related economic disruptions over the next few years, and with possibility of government stimulus spending, smart transportation has the potential for strong growth.
This Guidehouse Insights report focuses on current, historical, and anticipated trends for smart transportation and parking projects across all world regions. Drawing on data from Guidehouse Insights’ Smart Cities Tracker, this report considers 229 tracked smart transportation projects from 2010 to 2019. Discussion on this data includes historic project deployment rates and market potentials. Also included is discussion regarding impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, ways in which recovery may affect smart transportation markets, and general anticipated patterns in future developments.
- Parking solutions providers
- Sensor technology providers
- Parking operators
- Networking and telecommunications companies
- Transportation solutions providers
- Mobile payments providers
- Government agencies
- Industry associations
- Mobility planners
- Computer vision software developers
- Engineering firms
- Executive Summary
- Tracked Global Smart City Projects
- Regional Market Overview
- Rethinking the City
- Market Inflection Trends
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Key Recommendations
- Resources and Contact
- Cumulative Smart City Projects by Region, World Markets: 2010-2019
- Cumulative Transportation Projects Tracked by Region, World Markets: 2010-2019
- Global Smart City Projects by Region and Segment, World Markets: 2010-2019