- What is the size of the global office building stock in each region, and how quickly will it grow through 2030?
- Which regions are expected to witness the most growth in office building stock?
- What are the key indicators and trends that dictate the size and composition of the global building stock?
- What has the impact of COVID-19 been on traditional office spaces?
- What market drivers and barriers are affecting global building stock growth?
Analyst Insight The Impact of Coworking on Traditional Office Spaces
Global Building Stock Database Insights
Many companies were forced to downsize and give up their traditional office spaces during the coronavirus pandemic. As employees return to work, coworking spaces have filled this market need by offering flexible work options. Employees can become members of coworking spaces, and this membership fee is an end-to-end solution. There are no expensive overheads, such as high electricity bills or administration and cleaning costs. Employees individually seek out these memberships, especially if they are freelancers or prefer to work in offices located closer to their homes.
Employees tend to follow the 3-2-2 hybrid business model,
which means they come in to work 3 days of the week, work remotely for the remaining
2 days, and take 2 days off. When employees do come into the office, they have higher
expectations from their surroundings. They expect social distancing measures and
a safe, collaborative, and ergonomic environment that fosters productivity and creativity.
Coworking spaces provide these elements with networking opportunities and aesthetic
surroundings. Some even offer multiple location options. With the increase in vaccine
rollouts, there has been an increase in demand for physical office spaces with a
flexible business model.
The Guidehouse Insights Global Building Stock Database
estimates office building stock and total building stock across more than 230 countries
and building types based on a rigorous modeling approach that uses available building
stock data to fill gaps in publicly available information. The updated database
was published in 4Q21.
- Lighting and HVAC equipment vendors
- Green building design and construction firms
- Management consultancies
- Coworking spaces
- International real estate companies
- Energy sector trade associations and advocacy groups
- Government agencies, regulators, and policymakers
- Investor community
Introduction, Scope, and Executive Summary
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Regional Market Overview
Rise of Startups and Small Businesses
Hybrid Workplace Model
Impact of COVID-19 on Office Spaces
Resources and Contact
- Global Office Building Stock Growth Potential, World Markets: 2021-2030
- Annual Office Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2018-2030
- Net New Office Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2019-2030
- Global Building Stock by Segment in Millions of Square Meters, World Markets: 2021
- New Business Formation Statistics, All Businesses US
- Hybrid Workspace Model
- Covid-19 and Recovery Impact on Office Building Stock, World Markets: 2018-2022
- Market Drivers and Barriers