- What is agrivoltaics?
- Where is agrivoltaics most widespread?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of agrivoltaics?
- What is the future outlook for agrivoltaic implementation worldwide?
- What does Guidehouse recommend for implementing more agrivoltaics?
Analyst Insight: The Future of Agrivoltaics
Global Solar and Wind Insights
Agrivoltaics, or agrivoltaic farming, which refers to the dual use of land for both solar PV production and agriculture (crops or livestock), is not yet widely propagated but holds great potential. As land use—especially in densely populated areas, such as Europe—becomes a point of contention, and as countries look for ways to secure energy and food supplies, and grapple with rising populations, agrivoltaics seems poised to become a relevant solution. Demonstrator projects and initial government incentives are beginning around the world.
Despite its promise, the adoption of agrivoltaics has been slow worldwide—apart from Asian countries such as China and Japan, which have employed it since the early 2000s. Current supply chain bottlenecks in solar PV manufacturing could, even now, stifle the nascent industry and set it back as prices for conventional solar PV modules rise.
This Guidehouse Insights report, which covers both the distributed solar PV and utility-scale solar PV markets, presents a global forecast of annual capacity additions, cumulative capacity, and revenue through 2030. Distributed solar PV is segmented by residential, commercial, and industrial applications. Guidehouse Insights also examines key legislative and regulatory trends that affect the solar PV industry across each region and in selected countries that influence its growth.
- Solar panel producers
- Agricultural developers
- Infrastructure developers
- Solar farm developers
- Planning permission executives
Scope and Executive Summary
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Agrivoltaics Growth Potential
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Additional Resources & Contact
- Global Agrivoltaic Market Growth Potential by Region, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Solar PV Capacity Growth Forecast, by Segment, World Markets, 2021-2030
- Additional Installed Capacity by Customer Segment (GW), World Markets, 2022-2030
- Market Drivers and Barriers