- What is the size of the global education building stock in each region and how quickly will it grow through 2030?
- Which regions are expected to witness the most growth in education building stock?
- What are the key indicators and trends that dictate the size and composition of the global building stock?
- What are some market drivers and barriers to global building stock growth?
Analyst Insight: The Changing Landscape of Educational Buildings
Global Building Stock Database Insights
In 2020, the education sector had to quickly transition to distanced learning, and many schools were left with a tight budget while trying to plan for a safe reopening. Immediate changes to school buildings have included HVAC upgrades, occupancy sensor installations, and modified classroom spaces. In US higher education alone, colleges and universities will spend an estimated $74 billion in new costs to reopen campuses.
Although K-12 school construction in the US has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, it has also been affected by the accompanying recession, scarcer financing, and a declining birth rate. The US birth rate increased by 0.09% in 2019, after falling 4 consecutive years to its lowest level in more than 3 decades. Classroom sizes have peaked and are declining downward. Just as higher education and K-12 schools must continue to consider the pandemic’s impacts in their future decision-making, they must take into account the impacts of climate change, which highlight the need for resilient building design. The future of educational buildings is highly dependent on the safety of the students and teachers that inhabit them.
The Guidehouse Insights report
estimates building stock across more than 230 countries and building types
based on a rigorous modeling approach that uses available building stock data
to fill gaps in publicly available information. The most recently updated
database was published in 2Q 2021. This accompanying Analyst Insight report
focuses on changes in the education building sector with a special emphasis on
- Lighting and HVAC Equipment Vendors
- Green building design and construction firms
- Management consultancies
- International Real Estate Companies
- Energy sector trade associations and advocacy groups
- Government Agencies, regulators, and policy makers
- Investor community
Market Inflection Trends
US Education Construction Spend
Market Drivers and Barriers
Education Global Building Stock Market Forecast
Regional Market Overview
Key Recommendations and Conclusions
Acronyms, Resources, & Contact
- Global Education Building Stock Growth Potential, World Markets: 2020-2030
- Total Education Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2018-2030
- Net New Education Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2019-2030
- Global Building Stock
by Segment in Millions of Square Meters, World Markets: 2021
- Market Drivers and Barriers