- What is the size of the global building stock in Asia Pacific and how quickly will it grow through 2030?
- What are the key indicators and trends that dictate the size and composition of the global building stock in the Asia Pacific region?
- Which Asia Pacific countries are expected to witness the most growth in commercial building stock?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected the building stock in the Asia Pacific region?
Analyst Insight: The Asia Pacific Construction Boom
Global Building Stock Database
The Asia Pacific region is experiencing an acceleration in construction activity and building stock driven by rapid urbanization and population growth across the largest markets in the region—especially China and India. Widespread investment and development surrounding the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) is expected to accelerate development for countries throughout the region and in surrounding countries. Although the COVID-19 pandemic induced a global slowdown in 2020 construction activity, Guidehouse Insights anticipates a rebound in 2021 as the global economy recovers.
Hard data describing the size and characteristics of the global building footprint is scarce. Estimates on the size and use of buildings for countries can vary widely in precision and quality. The Guidehouse Insights Global Building Stock Database estimates building stock across more than 230 countries and building types based on a rigorous modeling approach that uses available building stock data to fill gaps in publicly available information.
In this report, Guidehouse Insights covers eight commercial building types (office, retail, education, healthcare, hotels and restaurants, institutional/assembly, warehouse, and transport) and two residential building types (single-family detached and multi-unit residential) for seven geographic regions and 232 countries worldwide. This study is intended to provide a comprehensive picture of the total commercial and residential building stock around the world. This report focuses on data on the size and growth of the global building stock from 2018 to 2030, with analysis of key drivers and trends in the Asia Pacific building space market.
- Lighting and HVAC equipment vendors
- Green building design and construction firms
- Management consultancies
- Energy service companies (ESCOs)
- International real estate companies
- Energy sector trade associations and advocacy groups
- Government agencies, regulators, and policymakers
- Investor community
Market Inflection Trends
BRI Is Expected to Have Far-Reaching Consequences for the Built Environment
China Invests in Construction to Jump-Start Recovery
Market Drivers and Barriers
Global Building Stock Market Forecast
Regional Market Overview
Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Relative Building Stock Growth Potential by Building Type, Asia Pacific
- Reviving the Silk Road
- Net New Building Stock, China: 2018-2025
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Global Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2020-2030
- Global Building Stock by Vertical, World Markets: 2020-2030
- Global Building Stock by Segment in Billions of Square Meters, World Markets: 2020 and 2030