- What segment will likely be most profitable in the smart buildings market over the next decade?
- How do project development trends differ from region to region?
- What are the leading smart buildings project focuses being implemented globally (e.g., transportation, government)?
- What technologies have emerged around smart building projects?
- What project types have become most prevalent by building type in recent years (e.g., office, retail)?
- What are the main market trends, drivers, and barriers for smart buildings projects?
Analyst Insight: Smart Building Solutions for Smart Cities
Smart City Tracker Insights
As a range of end users requests more data on buildings, their occupants, density, and utilization statistics, smart buildings have emerged as a solution driving usability and safety. Bringing systems under central control through the deployment of sensors across a footprint enables intelligent real-time adaptation and optimization of resources to improve the performance of both the building and the people within. By integrating with broader city sensing networks, collected data on air quality, transportation metrics, and localized temperatures can all be publicly disclosed, tracked, and monitored over time. Smart buildings are also becoming part of sustainable city energy networks; integrated distributed energy resources support electric vehicle charging, participate in demand response programs, or play a more active role through building-to-grid capabilities.
This Guidehouse Analyst Insight examines the latest smart building solutions and their application in smart cities, providing market forecasts as well as deployment drivers and barriers. Solutions by building types and worldwide case studies are explored further, with key recommendations provided.
- Energy management hardware and software vendors
- Smart grid hardware and software vendors
- Building equipment and appliance vendors
- Urban sensor vendors
- Smart transportation providers
- Networking and telecommunications vendors
- Silicon chip and computer components vendors
- Investor community
Overview: Trends in Global Smart City Projects
Smart Building Technology Showcase
Solutions by Building Types
Case Studies: Smart Building Trends in Cities Globally
Market Trends and Investment Overview
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Additional Resources, Contact
- Projects Tracked by Project Focus, World Markets: 3Q 2022
- IoT for Smart Buildings Revenue by Segment, World Markets: 2020-2029
- Smart Building Technology Showcase
- Market Drivers and Barriers