- What key policies are driving wind infrastructure growth?
- Which countries represent the largest markets for wind energy capacity additions in the coming decade?
- What are the key policy drivers for onshore and offshore wind segments by region?
- What are the key barriers to growth in the wind market?
Analyst Insight: Renewable Infrastructure Policy
Global Wind Energy Insights
Wind energy has proven to be one of the most cost-effective renewable technologies in contributing to an affordable and secure low carbon energy mix. It has been and remains a crucial part of the energy mix, and its importance is set to grow in the future as more sites are developed. Despite supply chain bottlenecks caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the global wind market saw strong growth over the past year.
The pandemic has offered world leaders the opportunity to recalibrate their priorities, with many putting decarbonizing the economy and sustainability at the top of their lists. COVID-19 recovery plans have heavily featured renewable energy, providing a boost to existing wind infrastructure policy. While global wind infrastructure policy varies widely by region, there are key policies in each region driving growth.
This Guidehouse Insights report provides an analysis of global wind infrastructure policy and key recommendations across the global wind market. This report provides insights, drivers and barriers, and key market inflection points for regions where the wind energy market is expected to have the greatest influence in the overall energy mix.
- Wind turbine manufacturers
- Electricity generation utilities
- Independent power producers
- Wind turbine component suppliers
- Wind power plant operations and maintenance companies
- Materials manufacturers for wind energy components
- Government agencies, policymakers, and researchers
- Investor community
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Regional Policy Insights
Conclusions and Key Recommendations
- Global Wind Energy Market Growth Potential, World Markets: 2021-2030
- Total Annual Wind Capacity Additions by Segment, North America: 2021-2030
- Total Annual Wind Capacity Additions by Segment, Asia Pacific: 2021-2030
- Total Annual Wind Capacity Additions by Segment, Europe: 2021-2030
- Total Annual Wind Capacity Additions by Segment, Latin America: 2021-2030
- Total Annual Wind Capacity Additions by Segment, Middle East and Africa: 2021-2030
- Market Drivers and Barriers