- Why are modular microgrids popular?
- What is facilitating the deployment of modular microgrids?
- What are barriers to modular microgrid deployment?
- Where are modular microgrids most widely deployed?
- What is the market outlook for modular microgrids?
Analyst Insight: Modular Microgrids Come of Age
Global Microgrid Deployment Insights
Modular microgrids offer a simplified and easy way of installing microgrids. Their popularity over the past years has meant that they are quickly becoming the preeminent model for microgrids. As such, Guidehouse Insights defines modular microgrids as: Modular microgrids meet the basic definitions of a microgrid, with the distinguishing feature being the ability to island and operate autonomously but include the following attributes: (1) pre-configured key hardware components; (2) ability to customize operations through software (often in the cloud); and (3) streamlined deployment procedures that reduce the need for onsite engineering during installation.
The Microgrid Deployment Tracker 3Q22 represents the largest and most thorough overview of the microgrid market published by any research or government organization. Its purpose is to provide the best up-to-date summary of microgrid projects available globally, doing so by highlighting key trends and dynamics across regional markets and customer segments as well as by generation technology.
This accompanying Analyst Insight report maps and discusses modular microgrid deployment. It also covers key market barriers and drivers and market inflection trends by region. The underlying Tracker is updated on a continual basis, with the next publication scheduled for 1Q 2023.
- Microgrid installers
- Microgrid component vendors
- City planners
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Regional Market Overview
Key Recommendations and Conclusions
Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Modular Microgrid Implementation Spending by Region World Markets: 2022-2031
- Modular Microgrids Installed Capacity by Region, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Modular Microgrid Deployment Growth Potential, World Markets
- Market Drivers and Barriers