- Which microgrid segments boast the largest identified online capacity?
- Which regions of the world claim the largest microgrid portfolios across all market segments?
- What microgrid segments and regions represent the largest share of new capacity?
- What segments and regions represent the largest share of operational capacity?
- What segments and regions make up the largest percentage of under development and proposed capacity?
- What are the most common forms of distributed generation deployed in microgrids?
- Which vendors have deployed the most microgrid entries and capacity deployed?
- What are the top microgrid companies in terms of capacity and number of projects?
- What are the most common business models for microgrids?
Analyst Insight: Microgrid DER in the Energy Transition
Global Microgrid Deployment Insights
The Microgrid Deployment Tracker 3Q20 is the eighteenth edition of the Microgrid Project Tracker report from Guidehouse Insights. It covers seven microgrid market segments and six principal geographies. The Tracker does not list unit sales of devices. Instead, it lists operating, planned or under development, and proposed microgrids as well as selected portfolios of microgrids by country, program, and vendor.
This Tracker represents the largest and most comprehensive overview of the microgrid market published by any research or government organization. Its purpose is to provide the best up-to-date summary of microgrid projects available globally, doing so by highlighting key trends and dynamics across regional markets and customer segments as well as by generation technology.
This Analyst Insight report maps and discusses distributed energy resources (DER) used in microgrid systems. It covers key market barriers and drivers and resource component trends by region and includes a list of leading microgrid vendors by project number and total installed capacity. The underlying Tracker is updated on a continual basis, with the next publication scheduled for 1Q 2021.
- Microgrid systems integrators
- Microgrid developers
- Transmission system operators
- Energy storage vendors
- Smart grid software vendors
- Solar PV companies
- Investor community
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Global Microgrid Market Leaders
Regional Market Overview
- DER Deployments in Microgrids: Industry Growth Potential, World Markets
- Top 10 Microgrid Vendors by Total Capacity, World Markets: 3Q 2020
- Top 10 Microgrid Vendors by Project Count, World Markets: 3Q 2020
- Cumulative Microgrid DER Capacity by Region, World Markets: 3Q 2020