- What are megatrends affecting the PPA market?
- How many PPA contracts were tracked as of 1Q 2023?
- What is the global cumulative tracked PPA capacity?
- Which region leads by number of PPAs and global PPA capacity?
- Which country leads by number of PPAs and global PPA capacity?
- Who is the leading corporate PPA offtaker?
- What is the average PPA tenure?
Analyst Insight Megatrends Impacting Power Purchase Agreements
Renewable Power Purchase Agreement Insights
The Renewable Power Purchase Agreement Tracker 1Q23 is the first edition of a new report from Guidehouse Insights covering virtual and physical corporate power purchase agreements (PPAs), utility PPAs, and other types of PPAs across five principal geographic regions. The Tracker lists executed and planned projects and selected PPA portfolios by year announced, PPA type, project name, country, region, seller, offtaker, offtaker's industry, contracted capacity, contracted energy, tenure, contract start year, and energy source. Its purpose is to provide the best up-to-date global summary of PPAs by highlighting key trends and dynamics across regional markets and customer segments and by generation technology. The Tracker is updated continually and published every other quarter; the next update will be 3Q 2023.
This accompanying Analyst Insight explores emerging features of the dynamic PPA market in the US and other leading regions around the world. PPA contracts are expanding globally, with the US leading in total number of agreements, as national incentives—such as the US Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in August 2022—support the development of the renewable components used in new projects. Topics covered in this report include PPA market inflection trends, drivers, and barriers; top markets, tenure, and component capacity; the effect of the IRA on PPA markets; case studies exploring new and innovative projects; and a regional market overview.
- Small, medium, and large businesses
- PPA stakeholders
- PPA market participants
- PPA buyers
- PPA offtakers
- Military agencies
- Nongovernmental organizations
- Investor community
- Financing companies
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Top PPA Markets
PPAs by Energy Source
Inflation Reduction Act and the PPA Market
Case Studies: Notable PPAs Driving Reliability and Security
Regional Market Overview
Abbreviations, Resources & Contact
- PPA Contracts by Region, World Markets: Dec 2008–mid-Feb 2023
- Average PPA Tenure by Region, World Markets: Dec 2008–mid-Feb 2023
- PPA Regional Capacity by Energy Source, World Markets: Dec 2008–mid-Feb 2023
- Top 5 Offtaker Industries, World Markets: Dec 2008–mid-Feb 2023
- PPA Regional Capacity Percentages by Energy Source, World Markets: Dec 2008–mid-Feb 2023
- Market Drivers and Barriers