- What will be the impact of the adoption of new charging standards such as the NACS?
- Which segment of EV charging technologies will grow the fastest?
- What are the most recent regulations having an impact on the global EV charging technologies market?
- How will EV charging technologies for heavy commercial vehicles differ from those for passenger EVs?
- What are some of the solutions for minimizing the impact that EV charging will have on the grid?
Analyst Insight: Megatrends Impacting EV Charging Technologies
EV Charging Technologies Insights
This Guidehouse Insights Analyst Insight focuses on major emerging trends having an impact on EV charging and that will likely cause certain charging technologies to grow and develop. The EV charging technology landscape is fast moving and influenced by a variety of national goals, regulations, consumer demands, and business priorities.
Governments are beginning to standardize aspects of EV charging to ensure ease of use for customers. Beyond this, recent regulations and incentives are pushing for an increased number of charge points and those that can charge vehicles much more quickly. The market for EV charging technologies is growing rapidly. Innovative solutions are necessary to minimize grid impact.
This report consolidates major trends in EV charging technologies and reviews ways in which charging technologies may develop. By drawing upon the latest version of the Guidehouse Insights EV Charging Technologies Forecast Database, the report weaves market data and categorizations into an overview of the EV charging technology landscape.
- Charging equipment component suppliers
- Automotive manufacturers and suppliers
- Government agencies
- Industry associations
- Investor community
Market Drivers and Barriers
Global Fragmentation of Charging Standards
Policy Highlight: EU Fit For 55 by 2030
Regional Policy Overview
Heavy Duty Charging Trends
Conclusions and Recommendations
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Additional Resources & Contact
- HCV Fast Charging Service Deployments: 2023-2032
- Market Drivers and Barriers