- What are the key ADMS geographic megatrends?
- What does the vendor landscape look like?
- To what extent are vendors increasing their capabilities to remain competitive?
Analyst Insight: Megatrends Impacting ADMS
Energy IT Forecast Insights
Advanced distribution management systems (ADMS) unify operational and engineering data for state analysis, switching, outage management, and planning. These systems maintain a single as-operated model of the distribution network based on the as-built model (typically from a GIS). This consolidated suite of applications includes, among others, real-time monitoring, simulation, static engineering applications, and outage management.
The ADMS competitive landscape is unique given the extensive requirements and growing list of modules captured under its umbrella. Over time, this has led to a smaller, more refined pool of vendors made up of traditional OEMs (General Electric [GE Digital], Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Hitachi Energy), software conglomerates (Oracle Corporation, Minsait ACS [Indra]), and specialized OT providers (Open Systems International, Inc. [OSI], Survalent Technology Corporation). These ADMS providers are building on conventional innovations (e.g., modular, microservices-based design principles) with a wide mix of forward-looking business and technology reorientations.
This Guidehouse Insights Analyst Insight examines the megatrends impacting the global ADMS and energy OT marketplace, outlining the drivers and barriers. Key industry players are examined, both on geographic reach and increasing capabilities, leveraging insights from the recently published Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: ADMS Vendors.
- Energy It/OT vendors
- Energy suppliers, utilities, and grid operators
- Energy service companies (ESCOs)
- Government agencies
- Investor community
- Solar developers, installers, and operators
- Genset and microturbine vendors
- Fuel cell vendors
- Microgrid vendors
- EV charging vendors and service providers
- Industry groups
Market Drivers and Barriers
Conclusions and Key Recommendations
Acronyms and Resources
- ADMS Leaderboard: Vendor Scores by Geographic Reach
- The Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard Grid: ADMS Vendors
- Annual Energy OT Spending by System: World Markets: 2023-2032
- Geographic Megatrends
- Vendor Megatrends
- Technology Megatrends