- Which are the top countries for hydrogen production?
- What are the hydrogen production market’s drivers and barriers?
- What key developments and events are driving this change?
- What are the notable projects currently being deployed?
- What is the Hydrogen Readiness Index
Analyst Insight: Leading Countries for Green Hydrogen Production
Hydrogen Electrolyzer Tracker Insights
Despite widespread ambitions for hydrogen adoption, a relatively small number of countries account for a dominant share of planned green hydrogen production capacity. This Analyst Insight provides an overview of the ten countries expected to be leading up to 2030. Countries with high hydrogen demand, such as Germany and the UK, are expected to see the most near-term deployments. On the other hand, renewable energy rich countries such as Australia, Spain, and Chile show the largest projected capacity increases by 2030.
Significant barriers remain to the establishment of a global hydrogen economy. In policy terms, disagreements over the allocation of public funds and the criteria used to assess the climate credentials of hydrogen production pathways provide ongoing challenges. Technologically, continued improvements are needed to reduce the costs of green hydrogen and enable sustained cost parity with hydrogen produced from fossil fuels. In the commercial arena, innovative business models are required to reduce investment risks and help develop new markets and infrastructure.
This second iteration of Guidehouse Insights’ Hydrogen Electrolyzer Tracker’s Analyst Insight summarises the key findings of the tracker, outlines important market trends, provides a rundown of notable projects, and delivers recommendations to industry stakeholders.
- Hydrogen producers
- Electrolyzer producers
- Industry players
- Policy makers
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Top 10 Countries
Hydrogen Preparedness Index
Acronyms, Resources & Contacts
- Top 10 Countries by Projected Electrolyzer Capacity, Projects Implemented or in Progress, World Markets, 2Q 2022
- Top 10 Countries by Cumulative Electrolyzer Capacity (MW), 2030
- Assessments of Potential and Progress for Low Carbon Hydrogen Adoption Across 20 Countries
- Electrolyzer Deployment Forecast, World Markets, 2Q 2022
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Notable announced projects