- What are the key facts regarding hydrogen electrolyzer development in Asia Pacific?
- What are the key trends and policy incentives for Australia?
- What are the key trends and policy incentives for India?
- What are the key trends and policy incentives for Japan?
- What are the key trends and policy incentives for South Korea?
- What are the key trends and policy incentives for China?
- What are some of the key recommendations for stakeholders?
Analyst Insight: Hydrogen in Asia Pacific
Hydrogen Electrolyzer Tracker Insights
The Asia Pacific region is expected to play a central role in the development of the hydrogen economy. China is currently the largest consumer of fossil hydrogen globally and possesses a higher share of operational electrolyzer capacity than any other country. Japan and South Korea are both hydrogen technology leaders with ambitious import plans. Australia is expected to be a key regional exporter, with several gigawatt-scale projects planned for the late 2020s and early 2030s. India is also positioning itself as a significant exporter and consumer of green hydrogen and derivatives.
Released as an accompaniment to Guidehouse Insights’ improved and updated Hydrogen Electrolyzer Tracker 3Q23, this Analyst Insight takes a deep dive into green hydrogen project development across Asia Pacific. The report provides an overview of announced projects in each of the key regional markets, segmented by project development phase: planned, in progress, final investment decision, operational, and delayed. It also includes a review of national policies intended to support electrolyzer manufacturing and deployments, as well as recommendations for hydrogen industry stakeholders to capitalize on growth across Asia Pacific.
- Hydrogen producers
- Electrolyzer producers
- Industry players
Regional Market Overview
Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Project Definitions
- Regional Market Overview
- Cumulative Electrolyzer Capacity (MW), Australia: 2023-2030
- Cumulative Electrolyzer Capacity (MW), China: 2017-2035
- Cumulative Electrolyzer Capacity (MW), Japan: 2005-2024
- Cumulative Electrolyzer Capacity (MW), India: 2023-2030
- Cumulative Electrolyzer Capacity (MW), South Korea: 2023-2030