- What is the size of the global healthcare building stock in each region and how quickly is it expected to grow through 2030?
- Which regions are expected to witness the most growth in healthcare building stock?
- What are the key indicators and trends that dictate the size and composition of the global building stock?
- Which regions have the fastest aging populations?
- What are market drivers and barriers to global healthcare building stock growth?
Analyst Insight: Healthcare Construction for an Aging Population
Global Building Stock Database Insights
According to the World Health Organization, the population of people aged 65+ will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% from 2010-2050. The leading cause of death has changed from infections to chronic noncommunicable diseases, of which heart disease, stroke, and cancer have the greatest impact on an aging population. Expected challenges facing the healthcare system will require increased amounts of resources, healthcare professionals, technology, and infrastructure. According to the United Nations, the largest increase of older people aged 65+ is expected to occur in Southeast Asia and Latin America.
In many concentrated urban areas, healthcare facilities have insufficient capacity and need to prepare for an increasingly aging population. Preparations might include adding, renovating, or expanding existing healthcare facilities to accommodate more people and longer stays. Although the world might suffer a delayed decline in healthcare building construction starts in 2021 as a result of COVID-19, overall projections show growth in the healthcare building segment, led by Asia Pacific.
The Guidehouse Insights Global Building Stock Database estimates building stock across more than 230 countries and building types based on a rigorous modeling approach that uses available building stock data to fill gaps in publicly available information. The most recent Database was published 4Q 2020. This Analyst Insight report relies on the associated Database data to discuss healthcare building stock to address the aging global population.
- Lighting and HVAC equipment vendors
- Green building design and construction firms
- Management consultancies
- International real estate companies
- Energy sector trade associations and advocacy groups
- Government agencies, regulators, and policymakers
- Investor community
Market Inflection Trends
Aging Population in East and Southeast Asia
Healthcare Global Building Stock in 2020
Market Drivers and Barriers
Healthcare Global Building Stock Market Forecast
Regional Market Overview
Conclusion and Key Recommendations
- Global Healthcare Building Stock Growth Potential, World Markets
- Countries or Areas with the Largest Percentage Increase in the Share of People Aged 65+, World Markets: 2019-2050
- Healthcare Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2020
- Healthcare Building Starts Revenue, US: 2010-2021
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Existing Healthcare Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2018-2030
- Net New Healthcare Building Stock by Region, World Markets: 2018-2030
- Healthcare Global Building Stock by Segment in Millions of Square Meters, World Markets: 2020