- How do DNGG deployments vary by technology over the forecast period?
- How do DNGG deployments vary by location and segment over the forecast period?
- How much will DNGG capacity of each technology and segment likely grow until 2031?
- How much is DNGG capacity of each country expected to grow until 2031?
Analyst Insight: Global Natural Gas Supply Chain
Natural Gas Distributed Generation Insights
The power sector has gradually shifted away from centralized power generation to different forms of distributed generation (DG). Aging grid infrastructure, rising emissions, and increasing demand for distributed reliable power will likely continue to drive this shift. Diesel generator sets (gensets) are the long-established DG technology and remain the global leaders in installed capacity due to their reliability and low capital costs. However, in the face of tightening emissions regulations, the market is diversifying, and gas technologies are becoming increasingly attractive standby power options.
Distributed natural gas generation (DNGG) technologies are anticipated to play a crucial role in the global supply of reliable power as the energy sector continues to decentralize and decarbonize. Among many benefits, small generating sources located near points of end use help offset investments in central power plants, transmission lines, and distribution systems. DNGG technologies provide a bridge fuel toward a carbon-free economy, and manufacturers are increasingly innovating and incorporating renewable sources into their fleets, with hydrogen in particular set to play a key role in the future of the market.
The Guidehouse Insights report presents global forecasts for three DNGG technologies: natural gas (NG) gensets, stationary fuel cells (SFCs), and microturbines. Markets are segmented by both region and application. Regions are broken down into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. The application segment covers residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial applications.
- Natural gas generator set vendors
- Fuel cell vendors
- Microturbine vendors
- Large industrial power users
- Energy developers
- Utilities and grid operators
- Investor community
Overview: DNGG Technologies
Market Drivers and Barriers
Market Inflection Trends
Regional Market Overview
Recent Hydrogen Innovations
Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Total Annual DNGG Capacity Additions by Technology, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Total Annual DNGG Capacity Additions by Region, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Total Annual DNGG Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- DNGG Growth Potential, World Markets: 2022-2031