- What is blockchain’s role in energy asset management?
- Which prominent vendors are applying blockchain for asset management?
- What countries and regions are key markets for blockchain-based asset management solutions?
- Where have blockchain-based asset management projects already been deployed?
- What are the market drivers and barriers for blockchain-based asset management solutions?
Analyst Insight: Energy Blockchain in Asset Management
Energy Blockchain Vendor and Deployment Insights
Since 2012, Guidehouse Insights has tracked 385 energy blockchain projects and 286 unique vendors. Of those 385 projects, 7% employ blockchain technology for information asset management (IAM) and 3% employ blockchain for asset registration (REG). Transactive energy (TE) remains the top use case in the energy blockchain space, with nearly 18% of all projects aimed at using blockchain technology to provide an open energy trading marketplace. Asset management project deployment has been on the rise since the first related project was launched in 2017, with an average of nine projects announced each year.
As more stakeholders are granted data access and sharing capabilities, data becomes increasingly vulnerable and more prone to mistakes. Blockchain-based asset management projects aim to increase transparency and the timeliness of updates and validate information while ensuring system security. As blockchain applications become more widely accepted, they are expected to become the foundation for automated power grid management and become commonplace in supply chain management operations.
This Guidehouse Insights report provides an overview of blockchain vendors and project developments in the energy industry. The information covered includes vendors, project partners and funding, project size, use cases, company status, and other project-specific data.
- Blockchain technology companies, developers, and vendors
- Utility companies
- Energy technology companies
- Smart meter vendors
- Microgrid developers
- Distribution system operators
- Smart grid hardware and software providers
- Investor community
Introduction and Scope
Blockchain’s Role in Energy Asset Management
Asset Management Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Regional Market Overview
Conclusion and Key Recommendations
Acronyms and Resources
- Blockchain Solutions for Asset Management, Industry Growth Potential by Region, World Markets: 2021-2030
- Energy Blockchain IAM Project Announcements by Region, World Markets: 2017-2021
- Energy Blockchain Asset Registry Project Announcements by Region, Europe and Asia Pacific: 2018-2021
- Market Drivers and Barriers for Asset Management: 2021-2030