- What are some of the key business models related to EV charging?
- How can ROI be improved for charge point operators?
- What are the limitations of the charging as a service business model?
- What are some of the variables that impact business model decision-making?
- Who are the major stakeholders in the EV
charging ecosystem, and what are their roles?
Analyst Insight: Emerging EV Charging Business Models
EV Charging Technologies Insights
This Analyst Insight centers on EV charging business models, which govern the way EV supply equipment (EVSE) services are deployed and offered to customers. EV charging business models are multifaceted arrangements influenced by several interrelated commercial, technological, and regulatory factors.
These business models can be conceptualized in many ways. Fundamentally, they are split between fee-based charging and charging offered as an amenity to customers. Considered from an asset-ownership perspective, variations in business models between charge point operators and EVSE host sites can be highlighted.
This report aims to first consolidate current knowledge around EV charging business models and then discuss some of the ways in which business models may develop in the future. The report draws upon the latest version of Guidehouse Insights’ EV Charging Technologies Forecast Database, interweaving the market data and categorizations from that report into this overview of the EV charging business model landscape.
- EVSE manufacturers and service providers
- Charging equipment component suppliers
- Automotive manufacturers and suppliers
- Network and software developers
- Government agencies
- Industry associations
- Investor community
EV Charging Business Models
EV Charging Market Stakeholders
Guidehouse Insights Data Grouping
Potential EVSE Business Models
Business Model Variables
Acronyms & Abbreviations
- EV Charging Market Stakeholders
- Charge Point Deployments by Application, World Markets: 2023-2032
- Potential EVSE Business Models: Asset Ownership
- Potential EVSE Business Models: Utility Level