- What are some of the key trends and statistics for the distributed solar plus energy storage market?
- What are some of the key pricing dynamics for this technology?
- How has the global distributed energy storage system market fared as of late?
- What are some of the key market drivers and barriers for solar plus storage technologies?
Analyst Insight: Distributed Solar Plus Energy Storage Systems Price Trends
Global DER Deployment Insights
Intermittent renewable energy generation technologies such as solar PV and wind have surged to capture a record share of global electricity generation. When coupled with such intermittent renewables, distributed energy storage systems (DESSs) can capture energy for use when it is most needed or more valuable.
DESSs are a class of energy storage technologies positioned on the customer side of the meter, or behind the meter. Within this market segment, projects aim to provide small-scale energy storage for either residential or commercial and industrial facilities, with battery energy storage systems (BESSs) being the most prevalent technology used. Lithium ion batteries are the leading type of battery for new BESS projects, which include a growing number of large-scale solar plus storage projects that use long-duration energy storage with a discharge duration of 4 hours or more.
Leveraging available Guidehouse Insights market forecasts and secondary literature, this report explores price trends for distributed solar plus storage systems, with a particular focus on the North American market.
- Renewable power system vendors
- Energy storage system vendors
- Solar power vendors
- Decarbonization policymakers
Distributed Solar plus Storage Systems
Distributed Solar plus
Storage Pricing Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Acronyms, Resources & Contact
- Top 5 Countries by Cumulative DER Capacity, World Markets: 2022-2031
- DESS Cumulative Capacity by Year, World Markets: 2022-2031
- Market Drivers and Barriers