- Which countries have the largest microgrid component capacity?
- How is the microgrid market evolving in different regions of the world?
- What is the most utilized microgrid component globally?
- How are microgrids segmented across different regions of the world?
- How are current events and geopolitical environments impacting the microgrid market?
- Which US universities possess the largest microgrids?
Analyst Insight: A Closer Look into Global Microgrid Markets
Global Microgrid Deployment Insights
The Microgrid Deployment Tracker 3Q22 is the 22nd edition of the Microgrid Project Tracker report from Guidehouse Insights, covering seven microgrid market segments and six principal geographies. The Tracker does not list unit sales of devices; instead, it lists operating, planned or under-development, and proposed microgrids and selected portfolios of microgrids by country, program, and vendor. The Tracker represents the largest and most thorough overview of the microgrid market published by any research or government organization. Its purpose is to provide the best up-to-date summary of microgrid projects available globally by highlighting key trends and dynamics across regional markets and customer segments and by generation technology.
This accompanying Analyst Insight maps and discusses emerging features of the dynamic microgrid environment in the US and other leading regions around the world. Microgrid projects are expanding globally, because of falling technology costs and increasing demand due to resiliency attributes, with the US leading by total component microgrid capacity. New laws, such as the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in August 2022, are providing incentives and regulatory guidelines supporting the development of new projects. Additional topics covered include microgrid trends, drivers and barriers, top microgrid markets, deployments on US college and university campuses, case studies exploring new projects and use cases around the world, and a regional market overview.
- Microgrid and smart grid technology companies
- Smart grid hardware and software providers
- Microgrid systems integrators
- Microgrid developers and project developers
- Transmission systems operators
- Energy storage vendors
- Smart grid software vendors
- Microgrid controls providers
- Microgrid investors
- Federal and state regulators
- Smart grid software firms
- Investor community
- US colleges and universities
Market Inflection Trends
Market Drivers and Barriers
Top Microgrid Markets
Inflation Reduction Act and the US Microgrid Market
US Colleges and Universities by Component Capacity
Case Studies, Regional Market Overview, Conclusions
Acronyms and Abbreviations, Additional Resources, Contact
- Total Component Microgrid Capacity by Region, World Markets: 2010-2022
- Total Component Microgrid Capacity, World Markets: 3Q 2022
- Top 10 Colleges and Universities by Component Capacity, United States: 3Q 2022
- American Colleges and Universities by Total Component Microgrid Capacity: 3Q 2022
- Total Component Microgrid Capacity by Region and Segment, World Markets: 3Q 2022
- Microgrid Deployment Growth Potential, World Markets: 2022-2030
- Market Drivers and Barriers: Impact Over the Next 10 Years
- Inflation Reduction Act and the Global Microgrid Market