High Tech & IT
Why Guidehouse Insights
The energy transformation is as much about digital transformation as it is about the decentralization of energy systems. Consequently, the energy sector is becoming an increasingly important buyer of information technology and is investing heavily in digital solutions to support the adoption of new business models.
Guidehouse Insights provides high tech and IT companies with deep insight into the drivers of the digitization of energy systems, and the future technology infrastructure that will support new energy products and services.
Multinational Consumer Technology Company
Custom Market Analysis
Guidehouse Insights conducted a comprehensive analysis of the retail and wholesale electricity markets in the U.S. and Western Europe for purposes of supporting a market entry strategy for a multinational consumer technology company.
- Provided a detailed functional mapping of power generation, transmission, and distribution market structures and business models in the U.S. (total and key states) and Western Europe (total and key countries).
- Identified several emerging business models for energy-related services and provided an assessment of the costs and benefits associated with each one for suppliers and consumers.
- Detailed the policy and regulatory landscapes in all geographies.
- Profiled major utilities, including an assessment of their key initiatives related to emerging energy service offerings.
- Highlighted partnership opportunities for the client in each major market including an analysis of anticipated benefits and potential pitfalls.